Inpatient Rehab

Who has advice on deciding to go inpatient? I’m really struggling putting everything on the back burner. I keep being told I don’t have enough sobriety tools. I think I have the tools because I’ve been going through programs and AA for a few years. I go through bouts of sobriety, putting those tools to use and then for a variety of reasons throughout the years, I’ll relapse.

1 Like

You have to make the final decision to hang it up. Look at the continued outcome each time, I’m sure it’s not pleasant. Do it for YOU!!

Typically medical detox - ask your doctor if that's what you need - and inpatient. Then you'll be ready to use those tools.

You have to want it. If you dont truly want it, it wont work. Doesnt matter what tools you have learned.

When i decided to get help after 16 years of daily drinking. I checked myself into medical detox, then went straight into inpatient, then PHP, then IOP 5, then OP.

1 Like

Sounds to me like you keep forgetting the first step.

It depends on the progression of the disease and what you and your doctor feel is best. You need to find a physician who specializes in addiction medicine if you can. Once you have treatment then you can really wor the 12 steps

Good afternoon Jacob In order for me to give you sound advice, I have to ask a few questions.

How far have you got through the steps?

Have you ever sponsored?

Have you ever taken someone through the steps?

How much time do you have right now?

Please let me know.