Is there anyone from Lake County or Cleveland Ohio? Looking

Is there anyone from Lake County or Cleveland Ohio? Looking for someone to go have coffee, go to meetings, and Honestly go do anything. Sitting in the house is hard for me.

5 Likes

This is tough… when I got sober I had to lose all my “friends” and get comfortable with myself, learn to love myself… without the drugs and alcohol… it was painful to find my way to socialize. To make it to meetings by myself. But I went to 3-8 meetings a day. AA and NA. It was my life for my 1st 6 months.

3 Likes

And that’s what I’m trying to do today. I feel stupid because I can love everyone around me but when it comes to loving myself it’s not possible. I’m find with letting go of my “friends” I know there isn’t enough room in my life for them and my sobriety. And I rather have my sobriety and fight with that everyday then have “friends” and never be anything.

This is what kept burying me deeper… the “friends” who will not be there to watch you grow in sobriety… watch you achieve your personal goals.

1 Like

Me to. I never wanted to be alone so I just didn’t care what they did. With being careless I ended up relapsing. Even today it’s hard to give up those feelings of being content. For some reason my last go around in jail just broke me down. And now seeing that those who I called friends were really just drug buddies. They weren’t there when I needed them the most.

Being able to just let them go was easier this time then any other. But I can’t keep being alone. Because then I’ll end up back in the same spot.

I'm in Columbus, not above taking a day trip

1 Like

That’s heck of a day trip!! :rofl:

1 Like

Hahaha it's not a bad drive, and honestly I'm getting sick of a lot of my "friends" , too

1 Like

Hey man, if you're ever free on a Thursday evening, come up to Fight Club (Cleveland) at 6:30. Men's secular AA. It's a discussion with a mini lead to bring the topic. Last Thursday of the month we do a step. Its at Stella Maris, in the cafeteria.

1 Like

Oh man I could've come last week since I was taking time off from work. I'll let you know if I can check it out again

2 Likes

Sounds good.

I'm looking for new sober friends

1 Like