Is there anyone within the Nashville or surrounding areas? I’m

Is there anyone within the Nashville or surrounding areas?? I’m having a hard time finding recovery friends and nobody can relate to sobriety lifestyle…. It’s hard & I wanna hang out with my friends, but I don’t drink or do cocaine anymore. Ugh :pleading_face:

6 Likes

https://www.aa-meetings.com/aa-meeting/just-for-today-womens-group-women-2/

I'm in Chattanooga, not too far. Do you like metal concerts?

I have never been to a metal concert so I wouldn’t know the answer lol & I’m 3 maybe 4 hours from Chattanooga

I’ve been in outpatient for almost 3 years, so I have been to many AA/NA meetings it’s just not for me…. It doesn’t work for everyone.

1 Like

I looked it up, and Christiana is only an hour 45 minutes, so an hour and a half for me. Tell you what. Let's see if we can gather some folks to see a show at marathon music works. They have great hot dogs.

When I tell people "meetings aren't for me" some people look at me like my skin color is polka dots🤣

1 Like

Marla I’m not but I love me some Hattie B’s and the next time I’m there I’m down to get some bbq at the peg leg porker lol :joy:

You are looking for "people that can relate to sobriety". AA and NA are the quickest way to meet those kind of people. Take what you want, leave the rest. If it weren't for the real friends I've made in AA, I wouldn't continue to go. They are the reason I go.

2 Likes

I am required to attend meetings as part of my outpatient program and honestly, I’ve been going for 3 years and it’s not for everyone.

3 Likes

I’m glad AA and NA worked for you and that you made some amazing friends along the way.

2 Likes

Pranav, you might as well have polka dots when you're in Queen City Mafia territory.....

.......HeII is real....

Bwahahahaha

1 Like

Hahahahahhahahahahahahaha #GloryToColumbus

1 Like

Where even IS Columbus? Pssshhh

2 Likes

Marla,
I am a few hours away from Nashville.

Meetings have not really ah, worked for me.

I went to a few more recently…and something about the meetings…I have been to many…I never walk out, thinking…ooooh, this is sooo great!

I’m up for coordinating an in person meetup this spring…with you, anyone in that area.

1 Like

Pranav, totally.
:raised_hands:t5:
They are not for everyone, these meetings…while of course, it is nice that they help a lot of people…but yeah.

I raise my glass of juice-( with waaay too much sugar in it )…to your uh, polka dotted skin color?
:face_with_monocle::nerd_face:

2 Likes

🫠:woozy_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

I'm way far in Florida

Everything AA app has a meeting lists

Have you tried zoom meetings?