Isolation vs. Connection in Recovery

I am on day 4 and I have been to 6 rehabs and I doing everything I learned but I am so lonely and isolated...I have been texting and talking to ppl on the phone all day but I am so lonely

11 Likes

I am on first day as well, I am sure most of have tried multiple times. I am praying that God as I understand him, will give me the opportunity and strength, to make this last time. I don't think I have another attempt at Recovery in me.

3 Likes

Well have been to 3 rehabs first one 3 weeks and second one one month then the third one was 3 months. I have been dry since October 23 . I loved the third one it was so good , I still keep in touch with the girls. I didn’t feel lonely anymore and I can remember my yesterday’s.

6 Likes

Whatever works!! Keep it going !!

4 Likes

90 days feeling amazing

8 Likes

It’s my 2nd day and it sucks

1 Like

Hello my friends. I got this link for this yesterday from my telahealth that had to stop using 11 US States that was prescribing Suboxone. So I just made my profile it looks to be but still learning it all. But yeah I wanted to come in and say hello to everybody I get to be a little bit shy on the video but hopefully one day I'll be able to turn it on and jump in the conversation with you guys

1 Like

I’m on day 877 that’s 2
Years plus

2 Likes

I got so much out of this. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Eliana

My sponsor used to tell me "if isolation is the hallmark of addiction, then a connection with others must be part of our recovery." I sat alone in self pity drinking every night the last few years of active addiction. Yet, through spending time in the rooms, I find that opening up and actually talking to others about my daily life.......problems, funny things that happen at work, family stuff, concerns, basically anything and everything. I feel connected to those people. It took a while of coming around and hanging out after meetings but I have a group of friends and we all share stuff. When they talk I listen and it gets me out of my head. When I talk they listen and they help me. It takes some time but I haven't felt alone in months.

Keep rocking.

Keep the good work

It only gets better

Here I sit on day 13,320 and in matters of the heart, I'm on my own. My HP tells me not for long

Went to Rehab in Palm Springs @ Michael’s House. Best decision of my life.
I have 5 months 4 days sober

This link is for meetings online 24/7

how

1 Like

95 days. I was rehab 3 months. I home, and I feel amazing. No alcohol no drugs.

1 Like

I'm over 10 months sober almost 11 months I hope I make to a year this is the longest I've been sober

2 Likes

Hey Mudd first off congratulations I know those first days are so hard. I would like to share something that worked for me. I spent a lot of time at my local Alono club. Meeting makers make it _also get a service position like coffee or gets it gets you to meetings early and

4 Likes