Ive never been a huge fan of sugar until i

Ive never been a huge fan of sugar until i started using meth. Im in early recovery and realized i am substituting meth with sugar/soda. Anyone have the same problem and found anything that helps? I have an autoimmune disorder and need to kick the sugar habit too.

3 Likes

Better sugar than meth for now! I lived on jolly ranchers when I first got sober.

1 Like

Right, my days of using I ate candy as my main diet :roll_eyes: couldn't get enough. Kept a bowl of miniatures beside me at all times like it was Halloween all year :flushed: Most people do not realize sugar is a drug. It is very addictive. If you cut out all sugars your body will go through withdrawals just like any other drug. I slowly cut back. Then started cutting them out completely. Started with the soda. Only drank water. Eventually you don't want any of it anymore. I now strictly eat fresh vegetables. Little to no meat usually. Water mainly with the occasional zero sugar Gatorade. Just takes time. I would suggest however stopping these things in stages. Not all at once. I stopped smoking, then stopped drinking, then stopped the dope and opiates but that was with medical assisted treatment, NA & AA meetings and counseling

2 Likes

Yes sugar is a big thing with me. Especially chocolate and pepsi

1 Like

I'm guilty myself I substituted it with ice cream for a long time but I still eat ice cream but not as much seems to be the go-to thing with sugar of some kind with any of us that have ever used meth but stay strong it'll be all right it'll come with time

1 Like

It's crazy how addictive sugar is. I vote it's more addictive than the meth. I haven't been a huge drinker ever so at least there's that. I've been transitioning to the carnivore diet and taking care of my vitamin deficiencies and taking D3 has helped the meth cravings but the sugar still lingers. It definitely does help if you slowly cut stuff out. Cold turkeying things sets you up for failure if you ask me lol