I got out of rehab 10/8 after 6 weeks of inpatient treatment. The hard part is being snapped back to reality and not protected in the bubble anymore.
I’ve had to let go of 4 friends recently because interacting with them could jeopardize my recovery. 1 friend of 2 years, 1 friend of 8 years, and 2 friends of over 10 years of friendship.
My heart is feeling very heavy and also relieved. It’s sad and awesome that I’m growing. It sucks that I’m outgrowing certain connections.
I want to reconnect with some of them eventually, but I’m unsure if I could communicate with them or have them in my life with where they’re at and where I’m at. This really pains me and I’ve been wanting to drink over it. I’m NOT going to use over my feelings today, yet I wanted to share where I am at right now.
