Lipid lab results after cutting out the alcohol

Hey! I’m so grateful to find this place!
I’m curious who have had positive results in lowering their total cholesterol after quitting the alcohol?

1 Like

Yup, we can be restored to health as we recover. I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high liver enzymes. All back to normal!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
I’m at the correct weight, eat 85% healthy, get in over 10,000 steps a day, lift a few times a week, and yet my total cholesterol showed up today as 250. HDL is 90, but still.:woman_shrugging: It’s time to kick my nightly cocktails that have become a horrible habit.:wink:

1 Like

Good going!! It’s fun to experience the gifts of a healthy life

2 Likes

Hey Lainey! I got these same results from my physical late last year right as my drinking was starting to reach its worst point. I never thought I would be 34 with high liver enzymes, cholesterol, and blood pressure… especially as someone who was fairly active. But, I also didn’t think I would be 34 and drinking 2 bottles of wine and a 12-pack of seltzers almost every single night 🫣

I had another physical recently and all of my results plummeted in a very good way. Its amazing how quickly our bodies can heal when we stop loading it with poison!

2 Likes

When I was drinking my triglyceride level was the highest the doctor has ever seen. He panicked and put me on fenofibrate max dose to lower. That was a wake up call to get me to stop drinking. Once I stopped drinking my levels went back down to normal….took about 2 months.

2 Likes

Very impressive! Thank you very much. Yep, I didn’t see where my liver enzymes were high..yet.. but with my family history and my alcohol yo-yo ways, it’s just not something I want to include in my life anymore…. so I confidently say right now. If I always begin easy going and then in no time I’m back to 3-5 an evening. Arrg. I’ll be 52 next month and quitting and joining this group is a perfect longevity gift to myself.

2 Likes

Wow! I’m scheduling for another loan check in 2 months to see where I’m at. It’s remarkable how we are able to heal so quickly. I’m going to focus on this aspect instead of the idea of “happy hour” not being so bubbly. :joy:

All my levels dropped to good levels about 6 months after I got sober… the only thing I was deficient was vitamin D. A daily multivitamin and now every thing is right as rain.