Loneliness

I’d like to meet someone nice and respectful. But I don’t feel like explaining why I don’t drink.

5 Likes
  1. Find someone sober.
  2. Get over not "feeling like explaining"?
1 Like

Hi Pam, it's hard. I'm going through it now too. I'm dating a little and if I like someone, I worry about telling them. Plus, you never know when or how soon it will come up. There's no right answer. I'm as honest as I can be about where I was and where I am. I don't get deep into the details but I try to convey that it was necessary to change. It's scary as I think I may scare someone away. What they will see however is you, now. They don't know what you've been through. If our history makes us not right for them, better to know that sooner than later.

2 Likes

There are plenty of people who are sober or don’t drink much. I always like to think that the right person won’t really care that I don’t drink. I have met some that are ok with it.

People I am in a relationship with should except me for who I am. The best version of me is the sober version.

1 Like

Also I like the "be the best version of yourself". That is a true "higher power" in my book.