Loosid Sober Tip of the Day April 27

The war is over… if you want it to be.

Millions of us have fought our alcoholism or addiction tooth and nail, refusing to admit defeat. We think THIS time, somehow, and in some way, we will be able to stop.

It works… until it doesn’t.

We try again... We slip… So we try again.

Sometimes we put a week together. Sometimes a month… some of us a year or more until it happens AGAIN.

We swear one final time to God, to our wives, our husbands, our significant others, our mothers, our fathers, our children, our friends, our entire universe that we will never ever ever drink or use again… until we do.

We swear again one more final time… then another final time… then another.

What you need to know is that alcoholism and addiction is undefeated.

The only way to win is to surrender.

This is where so many of us lose the battle because to us, to surrender means to lose and our egos simply will not allow that.

Take solace in the fact that the entire program of recovery teaches us to surrender each and every day to our powerlessness over drugs or substances SO THAT WE WIN.

The war is over… if you want it to be.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

6 Likes

Relapse is definitely apart of my story. Many relapses. And even though each one was a shorter amount of time than the last, it always had the same impact on my life and always had consequences. I’ve always learned something about myself with each relapse, and yes surrendering is the only way to win.