Loosid Sober Tip of the Day July 27

Alcoholism and addiction are diseases of isolation.

Yesterday we discussed the importance of building a sober network of 5 people you can connect with each day to provide you with the support you need throughout your recovery journey.

Getting help from others who are working a spiritual program of recovery and building this support system around you is a non-negotiable.

Sadly, far too many of us never ask for help and for that reason, never build a sober network.

We expect to GET but do not dare ASK… and if we don’t ask, we will never receive.

This is because of EGO… a three-letter word that kills alcoholics and addicts by the million.

We have discussed the horrors of the EGO before, but most of us have a built-in forgetter.

Just for today, remind yourself that EVERY person who is now (emotionally) sober had to lower their ego and ask for help.

How did this tip resonate with you? Do you need help?

If you practice a spiritual program of recovery, are you willing to give help?

Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

7 Likes

Definitely agree with this
Right now in my recovery.

1 Like

My spiritual program consists of 7 dudes that pray for me. That hold me accountable. And i pray and meditate to my higher power Jesus, for the wisdom and strength for the day.

I am also going to attend a spiritual program called celebrate recovery

Ego is an issue with all humans I think. And it doesn’t feel good to use the word drug addict or alcoholic. Because we grew up hearing those labels And it was definitely not something anyone would want to be. Or expect to happen to them.

E G O. Edging God Out.