Loosid Sober Tip of the Day October 05

Moving from being sober to getting sober requires us to start working a spiritual program.

We have removed the ‘spirits’ and need to replace it with spirituality.

In 12-Step Groups, this consists of Unity (meetings and fellowship), Service (to others), and the 12 steps.

Whatever the spiritual program, you need to enter it quickly. If we sit in the seat of sobriety and not embark on a spiritual program, we will stay in pain.

If you have questions on what to do, ask in the comment section below. The Loosid community is here to help you.

If you have been sober for a while and are working a spiritual program, help the newcomers by sharing your experience below.

There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

6 Likes

12/12 pg 103-104

Yeah, this hits the heart. Because as i entered AA, i also entered with my demands on God asking Him for a smooth outcome. Asking Him to please not have me have big fines, short probation and not having a device on in my car.

I would ask for His serenity but I never asked for His will. I came to AA because i had to legally, because I was forced to was my mindset.

But God rich in His mercy allowed my negatives to happen, as He turned it into a learning experience, a depending on Him and His will.

I now at 3 months am surrendered fully to Him and this alcohol. I am learning to have humility thru serenity...

Thank you Jesus!

How important are these slogans below? They become even more important by not just hanging it but decorating our lives with em...

AA Slogans:
By the Grace of God

Easy does it
One Day at a Time
First Things First
Keep it simple
Let go and let God
Think think think
Progress not perfection
This too shall pass
I am an alcoholic
To thine own self be true

2 Likes

A spiritual program I feel is a must. After 27 years of wanting sobriety and having short term success I finally surrendered to a higher power (whom I call God) simply because I could not quite on my own.
Upon embarking on this journey it was nearly immediate that my compulsion to drink was lifted. Having a sponsor and working the steps (thoroughly working the steps) which takes a lot of work, I have been blessed in ways that are simple. Just simply seeing the beautiful things that have always been there but never noticed is amazing.
I am blessed to be part of my second convention this year as this weekend is the fall festival in Lake Tahoe and being a resident of big island of Hawaii I was blessed to attend and be of service at the big island bash both in now almost my 7th month of true sobriety :call_me_hand:t4:
If you have 61 years or just a day I highly recommend attending an annual convention near you. You will see and experience first hand a fellowship of spiritual people that you never thought possible. I arrived in Tahoe alone, I will leave Tahoe with an uncountable amount of true friends who all share a common goal. Not to mention it’s the most amount of fun I’ve ever had in my lifetime

1 Like