Loosid Sober Tip of the Day October 06

Yesterday we discussed how it feels to be sober. Today we look at what it takes to get sober.

Moving from being sober to getting sober requires us to start working a spiritual program.

We have removed the ‘spirits’ and need to replace it with spirituality.

In 12 step Groups, this consists of Unity (meetings and fellowship), Service (to others), and working the 12 steps.

Whatever the spiritual program, you need to enter it swiftly. If we sit in the seat of sobriety and not embark on a spiritual program, we will stay in pain.

There are people who stay ‘being sober’ without a spiritual program for decades and, while they are officially sober, they have not worked a spiritual program and because of this, have not had the opportunity to remove the blockages required to set them free. We often refer to these people as dry.

If you have questions on what to do, ask in the comment section below. The Loosid community is here to help you.

If you have been sober for a while and are working a spiritual program, help the newcomers by sharing your experience below.

There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

6 Likes

Its been a journey for sure. 3 months sober today, feels alot better than tipsy! I thank God, my sponsors, my groups, family and friends for the support.

For me coming into AA was a tough task. I had to go, i had the mindset to do it because of a dwi and i couldn't afford another. I was not willing, i was forced to was my mind set.

Step 1, 4, 5 was hard to grasp in that mindset. After being sober 2.5 months, it was in that .5 that I fully surrendered. I fully accepted the faults and harms I did to others.

I now have become willing to work the steps. I have endured temptations, cravings, hard situations to want to drink. But honestly July 23 the cravings left, the desires were now for recovery. July 6th i became sober and havent looked back.

I encourage yall to put in the work. Be willing. Get connected in group, step work with a sponsor. Be honest to God, yourself and others. Be thankful for Serenity from God.

I

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Ty bro

1 Like