Loosid Sober Tip of the Day October 23

Learning to love ourselves is one of the hardest challenges we face when entering a spiritual program of recovery.

So many of us look at the harm we have done and think that it is impossible we will ever get to a point to right our wrongs.

Many more amongst us think we do not deserve to get better.

Just for today, give yourself the gift of recognizing your accomplishments.

No matter who you are, you took two very big steps today.

You opened Loosid to get help… and you read a tip to get advice and guidance.

Sadly, there are millions of people on this very day who are stuck in denial and refuse to accept the possibility that they need help, and for this reason they didn’t take any steps.

Take one more step today… walk over to your mirror and look at yourself and say, “I’m proud of you.”

Why? Because you should be.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

5 Likes

Yes..!

1 Like

It's was really hard for me but I'm slowly learning that I am worthy of saving and being loved.

1 Like

I was just praying about this and then reached for my phone and found this. Wow.

1 Like

Once I was out of fog stage witch was over yr.I started hearing my voice it wasa whàt I just herd me for first time.long story its baby steps.I tryed things that were out of comfort zone.like taking bus being around people.I started to like and proud of little acomplments and looking in mirror does not happened over night.it felt good to smile

1 Like

I am 10 months clean and sober today.. and I can look in the mirror and tell myself I'm proud.. not perfect not cured but trying...

2 Likes

I was never able to feel genuine love for myself. My entire life, I looked down on myself. Through this journey, which began 384 days ago, I am finally beginning to actually Like Myself. I have been able to see my accomplishments and be genuinely proud of myself. At 60 years old and a number of Recovery attempts (I've put together 2 years here, 18 months there, etc...) under my belt, I have finally found whatever it was that I've been missing. I feel good, I'm more than satisfied with my life, I'm happy, and I really do genuinely like myself. It's been a long time coming, But it's here!!
Whatever your struggle, hang in there. Reach out to someone, have faith in, and communicate with your Higher Power!!
I Promise, it's worth it!
I'd do it All Over Again!!

Thank you

Iam just so proud of my self that I took the extra steps to get better and on the right :footprints: track for once in my life with the help of my higher power as I know it