Loosid Sober Tip of the Day September 10

Do you want to be right, or do you want to be free?

In recovery, we often hear the words irritable, restless and discontent. One of the biggest blockages that keeps us in this state is holding onto past resentments or ‘justified anger.’

The problem is, until you can release the resentment, you will never be free. Justified or not.

Resentment is very much like you drinking the poison and waiting for the other party to suffer.

Letting go of your resentment is the key to your freedom.

Will you have to do some work to get there? Absolutely. There are is a spiritual path waiting for you to help to get you to the other side.

There is no value in being right at the expense of your freedom.

Choose to be free today. Why? Because you deserve it.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

14 Likes

I will let more resentments go. And be free.,,,

3 Likes

Amen thank you I love this app

2 Likes

I relate to this because not being able to forgive myself and therefore hating myself is what kept me chained to my addiction for so long

2 Likes

So true. Always great words of wisdom and encouragement

1 Like

I’m learning to let go of my resentments. Especially when I remember that God has held nothing against me.

2 Likes

I’ve been apologizing to my children father for over 12yrs & he still don’t seem to accept it & we’re separated I have a whole man now🙃

1 Like

I needed this today. I wanted to prove today to the MVA and the DMV in NC that I should be able to get my license back. One place says I’m suspended and I’m not and one says I have a warrant and I don’t. It’s the lack of communication between court and the MVA that is holding me back. But as much as I wanted to prove my right I became angry. I was losing my peace over something I don’t have control over. I have to remember I can only do my part and be patient. I can only be upset with myself because I had done what I was supposed to years ago I wouldn’t even be in this situation. So I have to own up to it and let go of my anger and give it to God. When it’s the right time that’s when it will come. He’s teaching me patience and tolerance for sure.

1 Like

I’m slowly becoming who I want to be.

1 Like

This one spoke to me. It’s going to be hard. But I’ll try.

Reading this just made me cry because I just told my husband two days ago I resent him for having kids bc he’s been so verbally aggressive but he probably resents me right now bc I did the drugs twice since even been together in 5 years