Loosid Sober Tip of the Day September 12

Letting go of shame and guilt.

When many of us enter recovery for the first time, we feel shame and guilt for who we are and what we have done. This also happens when people relapse and are afraid to let people know they slipped.

What you need to know is how powerful you are for having the courage to make the necessary changes to build a better life.

The most powerful people in life are people who have the courage to change. You are not alcoholism. You are not addiction.

You may have alcoholism or have an addiction in the same way that someone else might have diabetes. It’s what you do to treat your disease that allows you to be in a recovered state… just for today.

You may have done things in your active addiction which were wrong, but you will have the opportunity to make amends to those who you have harmed and clean up your side of the street.

Congratulations on having the courage to change and taking the necessary steps to build a beautiful life. You deserve it.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

7 Likes

Today I no longer have shame about my addiction and the things I’ve done. Still working on some of the guilt. But today I openly share my story because I can’t keep this thing called recovery without giving away what I’ve been given; and that is the chance to reach out to people and let them know we’re all human.