Loosid Sober Tip of the Day September 15

There is a stigma that when you get sober, life, as we know it, will be the end of fun.

This stigma could not be further from the truth. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

When we put down the drink or drug and decide to live life on life’s terms, the world opens up for us.

One of the first things we realize is how much of life was wasted on our time drinking or putting substances in our body. Just a few hours a day for happy hour during the week, turns into 40 extra hours a month of quality time.

That could be taking time to learn a new skill, spending more time with your family, working out, meditating, volunteering to help those in need, the list is endless.

Take a few moments to reflect on how many hours were spent each week on drinking or putting substances in your body. If you are just starting out, get excited, as you are about to enter a world of more time to build incredible experiences.

If you have been sober a while, let us know what you have done since you stopped wasting these precious hours days and years that make up this thing we have called life.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

5 Likes

I am so busy now since I got clean and sober. I don’t even know why I spent so much time wasting the time that I had using drugs and I could’ve been with my grandkids. I have seven of them five granddaughters two grandsons and time I’ll never get back. I’m so grateful I got clean and I surrendered again to my addiction because I wanted to die so this 88 days I have today means more to me than any other clean time I’ve gotten in the past in the past is over and done. I do not want to be who I was before. When I was clean all my life experiences have changed me and I am different now and I don’t give people lip service I don’t sugarcoat anything. They can eat a doughnut if they want sugar coating you know maybe I’m a little aggressive, trying to learn to be assertive and trying to learn to be quiet because I love to talk, but I am grateful to God for giving me this chance again at living my life. We only get one life, but we get many chances to start over while we are living the life that we have. Thank you for this post. I needed it.

The time I put into the experiences I have, and learning what fun is, became more meaningful when I got sober.