Loosid Sober Tip of the Day September 22

Much like we can’t win today’s game on yesterday’s home run, we can’t stay sober today on yesterday’s sobriety.

During our active addiction, so many of us spent every day repeating the same rituals on a daily basis. It became such a ritual that we didn’t even realize the negative effects that were taking place as a result of our actions.

In recovery, we need to incorporate the same daily practice in order to stay emotionally sober.

For many of us, prayer and meditation has been a non-negotiable that we have learned to practice every morning when we arise.

Many of us do the same throughout the day and before we retire at night.

Some other activities that can set our day right are reading from spiritual texts.

For those in a 12-Step program, we may read 12-Step literature each morning.

We may also attend a meeting of likeminded others on a daily basis.

We may also reach out to people within our support network each day.

If you have not incorporated a daily practice into your recovery, there is no time like the present.

If you don’t know how or where to start, know you are not alone. Ask our community below for suggestions.

How did this tip resonate with you? If you already have a daily practice, share with the community below what you do on a daily basis. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

10 Likes

A great reminder that consistency and knowing we deserve to be sober are part of our journey. We can't do this alone.

4 Likes

What I do is before my feet hit the floor, I pray and ask God for His Serenity and strength for the day.

Focusing on my Higher Power and not the sobriety or issues, allows me to succeed daily and moment by moment

I am right in the middle of the onion and all the years of struggle I couldnt even get past that first layer because I didnt surrender.

2 Likes