Loosid Sober Tip of the Day September 23

Facing Life on Life’s Terms

When we get sober, we no longer numb out life’s problems.

We actually feel our feelings for the first time, and often times, for most of us, this can be very overwhelming.

Take solace in knowing that you are now facing life on life’s terms.

When you face life on life’s terms and find solutions to challenges as opposed to running away from them, you get better at life.

Will it be uncomfortable at first? Absolutely.

During this time, it is very important to reach out to other people who have been in recovery and have some sober reference.

These are the people who will get you through these challenging times.

In unity there is strength.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

9 Likes

-WHOLE AGAIN:
by Jackson MacKenzie

Healing Your Heart and
Rediscovering Your True Self
After Toxic Relationships
and Emotional Abuse

This book helped me in countless ways when I first started trying to get sober. It truly helps you understand what you’re feeling and how to identify what type of feeling it is. Hard to explain but it made me realize I’m not alone and gave me the best advice I’ve ever had when it comes to having to feel your feelings.

Wow :open_mouth: this was an eye-opener for me this morning! I've always heard the saying “life on life’s terms.”
It’s always sounded so complicated to me, and I always asked, “How do I do that?”
I know now, just let it go and let yourself feel uncomfortable, so you level up to the next chapter of your life - living in sobriety. :blush:

True. Stay strong.!

This means a lot to me today. I get discouraged when I apply for jobs I’ve never had before because I always feel like I’m not qualified and that makes me not even try. So today I bit the bullet and started applying for jobs that I actually want and not ones I know I can get. Through the process I kept having to tell myself I can do this. I am worthy of a real career and it’s okay to be scared. But you have to start somewhere right and if you never start you’ll never know.

In Unity there is strength. I love that.