Meditation

I’m grateful to meditation for helping me maintain my sobriety when last I walked this path. Today, I begin the practice again. :person_in_lotus_position:

13 Likes

Keep up the amazing work Em

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the support:)

2 Likes

You’re amazing don’t forget that. Great work

2 Likes

Thank you so much :blush:!

2 Likes

My pleasure

2 Likes

Meditation is a huge part of my sobriety. It focuses and centers me! Any suggestions for someone relatively new to it?

2 Likes

‘Zen Mind, Beginners Mind’ by Shunryu Suzuki is a great book. If you’d like something super engaging, there’s a neat book called ‘Hardcore Zen: Punk Rock, Monster Movies and the Truth About Reality’. I usually gift people ‘365 Day Tao’ on holidays and highly recommend. I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve read by Thich Nhat Hanh and the 14th Dalai Lama. ‘The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying’ is amazing.

I generally meditate in a completely prone position bc I have a joint condition. So, don’t let an inability to sit up cross legged get in your way. Zen meditation music on a streaming service can be incredibly helpful. It keeps me calm and centered. I imagine my thoughts and feelings as a river passing by as I observe them. Remember, we are not our thoughts and feelings, but the consciousness behind them. Namaste!!

2 Likes

Oh wowwwwwww, that's awesome thanks for the suggestions!! Now if only this app allowed me to copy and paste certain portions of messages, I'd be completely zen'd out right now! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I have noted and will look into those books, I really do appreciate your post and the suggestions! Have a wonderfully sober day!!

1 Like

You’re sooo welcome!! Wishing you a beautiful, sober day:)

1 Like