Mocktails

I went to an escape room of all places, and everyone ordered a drink, so I canvas the menu and found some mocktails, and one was supposed to be similar to an OF. Well, it was similar, but it was delicious and was like a nitro coffee thing too. Does anyone else have mocktails they enjoy?

5 Likes

1/2 Cranberry juice, 1/2 ginger beer, over ice splash of grenadine, splash of NA bitters.. one of my favorite

2 Likes

Thank you!

Athletic brewing company makes a pretty good na beer…

4 Likes

Depends on the mock tail. If it’s just a regular drink. Tea and peach juice sure…. If it looks like booze or near beer. That’s like mental masterbation without a finishing, what’s the point? Just F**cos with ya!!!! Living on a slippery slope.

I don't understand why people drink "mocktails" with a substance added. Though it may not be beer/alcohol doesn't mean it's a mocktail. It's frustrating.

I don’t think I understand what you are saying. It’s just a fancy tea, Arnold Palmer Or a Shirley Temple. What are you say a mocktail is? If I were a big pina colado booze drinker… I would not drink that w/o alcohol for a long time. It would get me in my head. For me I love that combo… especially with ice cream. Near beer is a NEVER for me.

Mocktails are like kissing your cousin.......... you know it's wrong but it taste the same.

Cool, thanks for the mentally uplifting comments, I have found everyone's sobriety journey is different, especially based on their trauma and insecurities. One of the largest hurdles for me to continue to get over, is living in the Midwest and not having a drink in my hand at every flipping event I have to attend. Anyway, I'm down with peoples opinions, to each their own. Sorry if you were triggered and or disagree.

I started buying Non-Alcoholic spirits and make mocktails at home. The only problem is that I down them so quickly because they’re tasty and have no alcohol. Those NA spirits can be just as expensive as actual liquor too, it adds up quick. Also, mocktails have helped me curve the craving and stay away from real alcohol, so I’ll drink them and the next day I wake up just fine and ready to rock!

2 Likes

True! I like the blue label one.

My sobriety journey has only recently began. I live in Wisconsin and most of my family and friends are drinkers. Being a beer drinker, I have found that it does help to have a na beer in hand during social events. It helps relieve the feeling that something is missing. I wish more places offered a variety of na beers.

1 Like

I just tried my second N/A beer, and it was OK, but I could for sure just go without; in fact, that mixed with watching all the drunk people doing drunk people things. One couple fighting, one couple making out at the bar, and dudes yell talking to each other while standing next to the band. That was inspirational right there.

2 Likes

Delicious!!