Moved back home w mother who is in her 4th stage if dementia but an living in camper outside if her home, I try to help her but she is so mean and its bringing up alot of old trauma from my childhood!!! Its si hard!!!
4 Likes
Lisa, I feel ya! Just moved my mom into my house and she has dementia too. It’s certainly not easy.
Even with 17 years of sobriety, she triggers me sometimes. Feels like I’m 15 years old wanting to punch holes in the wall again:facepunch:
or drink copious amounts of hard alcohol 

Hang in there! I’m here if you want to talk or have any questions
I was carrying for my mom with Alzheimer She was mean for about a year she she was nonverbal the last few months. I know it’s hard I put my mom ahead of my family. I just want to tell you please think about yourself you need to be able to decompress. If you’re isolating yourself find a friend or sponsor to help you stay on track