My mom passed a month ago today. She was my

My mom passed a month ago today. She was my number 1. She was my world. She was 1 of my main reasons why I got sober and stayed sober for two years.
It’s been very hard for me. Life has been hitting me hard I’m dealing with an issue from my past. It doesn’t help when my life was a blurr at that time. I’ feel like just giving up.

15 Likes

You are worth it, lady! Keep fighting. 2 years is commendable. Breathe in PEACE, exhale SANITY.

1 Like

It’s difficult I understand but please let your sponsor know or your therapist or your doctor. Drinking is like adding Gasoline to the fire. You going through a diffucult time but it won’t last. It’s a season. I pray for God to put his hedge of protection around your mind, soul & spirit. If you need you can message me anytime🙏🏻

1 Like

You are worth it!

1 Like

Paula, sorry for your loss. I’m here if you want to talk.

1 Like

:cry:I had to go back out and get some more when I lost my mom…It’s been a nightmare. Definitely didn’t help anything.

Paula first off my condolences on your mom passing away.

just remember this, I also had to remember.

When we are doing the right thing with the devil, tries to throw things at us to bring us back down. That means you are desired. We are desired, because we were so much on the other side of things doing all the wrong things.. we were an asset to the devil.

Once we come into the fellowship and the program and started working on changing the old us. We become a new asset to God to the fellowship to the newcomer to our families.

So my prayer to you today is lift your head up. Remember that your mom is looking down at you she is proud of you. She loves you keep fighting each day and lift her up

What she wants for you is to see her little girl, live, happy, joyous and free without the use of drugs or alcohol and each day you continue to do that you honor her and all she stood for and her love for you.

God bless you. Have a blessed day.

4 Likes

Thank you :sweat:

1 Like

I go through the same thing. It’s coming up on a year this week since I lost my mother. I just know she wants sobriety for me and she’ll haunt me if I give up. Keep going forward that’s we can do.

That heart is for you to have faith and courage, principles 3&4...the only thing to give is give it over to your higher power! Keep your head up and slowly make progress. Reach out to others and DON'T isolate...

Stay with us Paula.
Drinking/using will make it worse. My sincerest condolences to you :yellow_heart:

My pleasure have an amazing day

Chanel your SORROW INTO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE. MAKE THIS THE REASON WHY YOU BECOME SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE. NOT THE REASON WHY YOU CAN'T. . I WAS TOLD IN MY 4TH YEAR AFTER DOING MY STEPS AND GETTING ON MY KNEES AND SAYING THE 3RD STEP PRAYER. I WAS TOLD THIS BY MY SPONSOR.. JOE. YOU ONLY HAVE 2 THINGS LEFT TO DO... TO LIVE MY LIFE AND TO DIE.. HAVE FUN. WE CAN'T ESCAPE THINGS THAT ARE PAINFUL IN LIFE. NOW WE HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO WORK THROUGH THESE TOUGH SITUATIONS IN LIFE. YOU CAN DO THIS

1 Like

Thank you :sweat:

Please stay sober for mom

I believe in the power of the universe and the metaphysical. Mom sees you. Not in the traditional sense of course. But she does, and she is paving the path. She wants you to stay sober, and you can still keep going if for nothing else right now than to honor her memory and legacy. Much love, take care, reach out if you want or need to :purple_heart:

Hey, Paula! I'm sorry for your loss. I hate life is rough right now. Your momma would want you to stay sober. More importantly, please stay sober for you. You're valuable.

Drinking won't solve your issues. It'll create more.

I'm here if you need to talk. Sending you hugs.