Need help with sponsor issue

I've known people to work the steps their whole life even going back to ones when necessary

2 Likes

Love this. I hope that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Itā€™s not a race hun! Slow and steady. Donā€™t rush the steps. Iā€™ve known people in recovery for 5, 10, 15 years and they are still working steps.

2 Likes

Tbh I think the first time around it is a race. I'm trying to save my life here.

1 Like

My sponsor took me through the steps super slowly. I knew it was the best idea since I have a tendency to rush through things just to complete and feel relief. But Thereā€™s a purpose for everything & im glad we went turtle speed lol. Sending prayers your way!!!!

1 Like

I was taught you only have to do the first step perfectly every day. As long as you start there then relax and the rest will come. You can read the big book and other materials all you want. Step Three is huge so work on memorizing the 3rd step prayer of surrender. Thatā€™s a biggie.

1 Like

It is a marathon not a sprint. There is no finish line.

1 Like

Yea I get that! Arenā€™t we all!

the steps are crucial. no point in racing through them. people work the steps their entire lives. you got this!

1 Like

Iā€™m with you partially. Yes get through them but not too quickly. I do think itā€™s going slowly. Have you tried being honest with her?

Well. How long have you been DRINKING AND USING. THIS PROCESS ISN'T INSTANT GRATIFICATION. SNAP OF A FINGER. IM ALL OF A SUDDEN WELL. BE A LONG TERM THINKER AND LET THE PROCESS OF RECOVERY WORK FOR YOU. . FACE YOURSELF AND ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU ARE RUSHING THE PROCESS. IN MY 20S I DID 40 MONTHS OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT. DIAGNOSED AS A MIDDLE STAGE WETBRAIN ALCOHOLIC WITH A DRUG PROBLEM. DO YOU THINK THERE WAS A FEW ISSUES I HAD TO WORK THROUGH. ABSOLUTELY :100: PERCENT. AND TODAY IM IN YEAR 37 AND STILL WORKING ON THINGS. IN STEP 1 AND STEP 3 THE WORD LIVES IS PLURAL NOT SINGULAR. MEANING THAT WE HAVE 5 LIVES.. SPIRITUAL..... MENTAL...... PHYSICAL.... EMPLOYEE/BUSINESS OWNER..... AND A FINANCIAL LIFE. GIVE YOURSELF THE TIME TO REALLY WORK THROUGH THE STEPS SO YOU NO LONGER ENTERTAIN THE IDEA OF RELAPSE. BECAUSE IT WILL NO LONGER BE APART OF YOUR LIFE..... GOD SPEED

I would pray to your spiritual guide :pray:t2: and listen to your sponsor

Pray. Slow and easy. So much great feed back here gang.
Listen to the Joe and Charlie tapes !! They are on Spotify and you tube. They are amazing!!
The steps are not a race.God speed. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Aloha! Just as a point of reference for you, Iā€™ll be sober three years in November, and Iā€™m only on step seven. In the beginning, I hated the slow pace of it, but now that Iā€™ve been doing this a while, the slower the better.