Need Support & Sober Friends!

Hello all, I am new to the site and looking for friendships. I have very little friends and no parents or siblings. Im a mom of 3 daughters and trying my hardest to break my addiction. Just need some support, motivation and friends!!!

10 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

I would highly recommend getting to as many meetings as you possibly can. I had very few sober people in my life when I first came into AA, and none of them were in recovery. I needed to surround myself with like-minded people who were focused on improving their lives and their sobriety one day at a time. Nowadays, most of my friends are in AA, and I have never found a better group of individuals in my entire life. We support each other, hold each other accountable, and I've built lifelong (God willing) friendships with many of them. It was suggested that I go to meetings until I wanted to go to meetings, and there's a truth and a magic to that. Speaking of which, I'm heading into a meeting now lol. Stick with it, and stick to the winners. Stick with the people who are talking about working the steps, and how they recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. You can do this!!

2 Likes

Thank YOU!!! :heart: I appreciate the advice!!

Hello Brittney
Welcome aboard.. Glad you are here. You stay sober and fight this. Stay safe and hang in there.

1 Like

Added you, friend. Welcome

1 Like

Good evening Britteny I am 4 months sober today. Life is so much better now. You can do this 1 day at a time

1 Like

Welcome

Hi Brittany! My name is Matthew nice to meet you! I hope this message finds you well!

Hello!, I encourage you to Google Annie Grace. I read her 2 books & she’s the absolute best!!. The 1st one is called This Naked Mind & the 2nd book is called The Alcohol Experiment. She also co-wrote a book about nicotine for people trying to give up smoking. I have her This Naked Mind Companion app. on my iPhone (it’s free) She also has a podcast & she answers reader’s questions on YouTube. She can help you!!. Good luck! :purple_heart:

Hey Brittany! I'm new here too! I pray you are doing ok.

Don’t forget to call :telephone_receiver: me anytime