No one to be here for me to detox off

No one to be here for me to detox off meth. How can i explain i to a non addict why I shouldn’t be alone?

Any local detoxes in your area? Maybe a rehab?

I can’t get into anything medical will only put me in an out patient program a month from now

I can’t get past a couple days at home alone

How to explain to a non-addict: that your dopamine levels are depleted bc of the drug, and that there is an overwhelming feeling of sadness & despair, so much that using seems like the only option. And that if someone is there with you for the first week or so, that you’ll have a chance. That’s what I found. I had tried several times to quit by myself, but couldn’t. It took being incarcerated to make it happen. Hopefully that doesn’t have to be your path. If you can’t find someone to be with you, maybe a detox facility would help. Health insurance will pay for detox. Maybe go to NA or CMA for support; if you go to a meeting and self identify as a newcomer who is struggling, people will come forward to offer support.

2 Likes

I am on day 3 from meth. It is not a pleasant ride but anything is better than active meth using. Made me feel like a cockroach. Those is of us kicking meth need to stick together. There aren’t that many right now but something tells me there will be many more.