Second AA meeting

Second meeting down! Had a guest speaker today and his story was phenomenal and very inspirational to me. I was super nervous to approach him but I did and asked him to be my sponsor. He agreed! Im still very new to this, could anyone give me the key notes on how a sponsee works? Do I have to call him every day?

3 Likes

Thank you! It was super nerve wracking to ask him, I stuttered a little even but I did it! Like I said, I’m still very new to this. I’m sure he would be able to walk me through the steps properly right? I do have a therapist actually, I’ve been seeing her for the past two years and actually mentioned AA earlier this year. It’s been a constant battle with alcohol but this year has been particularly bad. I finally managed to say enough is enough

1 Like

I was one of those people. The longest I’ve been sober was for a year but I didn’t do any of the steps. This is my first time in AA and I want it to be my only time. I’m trying really hard. I want to get all the information possible. Thank you for your words. I really like that saying, because I know that I will be in active recovery every day. One day at a time