So, I’m the type that can go multiple days without

So, I’m the type that can go multiple days without touching any alcohol. If I choose none at all I’m fine. There are times I can even have just one however there is no such thing as just a second. Those days that are beyond just that first, results in a keep-going-going-gone. Goes to mention I work in the bar industry.

I found this app while looking for resources and this is my seeking of a community. I have realized just because it’s not daily, doesn’t mean I don’t have a problem. I’m going to stay sober however finding a community is important. I have given myself a challenge of staying sober while remaining in the industry, however I have come to terms that any further episodes will result in changing jobs indefinitely.

4 Likes

Hope you can figure out what needs to be done then. Good luck

1 Like

Welcome! More and more people are coming to the realization that old labels and assumptions about alcohol use disorder are not only you either hit rock bottom or you’re “a responsible drinker”. If you realized it is a problem, then you are in a great place. Community and education are the best help. And knowing that alcohol is really just a trap is empowering.

If you’re looking for recommendations for reading to learn more, I highly recommend “This Naked Mind” and “Quit Like a Woman” Tons of very valuable information! Good luck! We’re here if you need! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Much appreciated

Thank you! I’m taking my last blackout as a rock bottom. Thankfully I’m good, however it could have been my last foolish choice which have been happening more frequently again with drinking. So, with that being said and being that it’s not the only time I’ve wound up in a reckless situation while blacked out it’s time to let it go.

I totally appreciate the reading recommendations - adding to kindle!

1 Like

Reach out whenever!

1 Like

Welcome to Loosid!
For me if I take one the cravings start and I want another and another. Then the next day the obsession begins. Then I’m drinking everyday again….
I’m working the AA program…. It’s saved my life. I’ve made good friends! And the best part I’m making more friends each day! Stay sober, build a support group. Call them, get in the middle of the circle… do the work. Love yourself, love others… be of service. You got this!

1 Like

Yeah, being that the escapades have been getting closer and closer. I just think of how similar this has been to previous years and that it’s heading toward a place I’ve worked hard to stay away from. Haven’t done AA but was hoping this could be a good community. Thank you for your advice

1 Like

Welcome T. I’m glad you’re here. This is a great community. Tons of support. This is a we program. We help each other. We guide each other. We support each other. One day at a time. One moment at a time. You’re on the right path. I’m here for you.

2 Likes

Yeah. I work in a liquor store :+1:

I can relate to this as well. Every blow up in my life has had alcohol involved, but I have a car and a decent job and a place to live etc etc to I never thought I was an alcoholic.