So, I moved to Virginia to carry out a happy

So, I moved to Virginia to carry out a happy and sober lifestyle. Ever since I have gotten sober, I haven't been able to sleep with the light off. Well, I sleep with the light off, I just can't have it completely dark or I freak out in my mind. And when I am asleep in complete darkness, I jump out of my sleep breathing heavy. Has this happened with anyone else?? Please tell me I'm not alone in this. Because I don't understand what the reasoning is.

1 Like

Normal for alot of us. I can't go to sleep without the TV on. Could be trauma response, body/ mind timing reset.

1 Like

Thank you for that! It feels nice to know that I'm not acting crazy

1 Like

I contemplated on posting it but I figured why not. When I first moved into my new house, I'd sleep with the closet light on. Now I sleep with my wax warmer on, without the wax haha. But I'm so glad I'm not alone.

I don't own it lol, but I live with family that helps me to stay clean and sober. And hey, guys are allowed to be vulnerable. There is no difference between me not being able to sleep in the dark, than you not being able to.

1 Like