So I'm a little confused on this whole relapsing thing!

So I'm a little confused on this whole relapsing thing!! On one of the zoom NA meetings I was on last night one of the guys that shared was pretty mad at himself cuz he had went and got drunk a few nights ago said his problem was with drugs not alcohol. Apparently his sponsor and a few others on the meeting stated that his clean time would have to start over its considered a relapse he had 6 or 7 years clean and to just throw that away seems a little crazy but it wasnt the first time he has gotten drunk but never said anything till now!! So my question is, is it really considered a relapse, and the clean date starts all over again? Or what? Im getting told it is, and it's not!! So which is it!?!?

I have 15 years over to me it's a learning experience if you relapse there's a reason why there's a situation that's going on in the person's life, they say yes start over but you can't forget the time you had clean something came along and rattled him or her to relapse so they have to work on that issue. One day at a time pray to God. I'm really happy you woke up another day sober and just hang in there hang around good people meditate go to an activity. Sometimes we get lost and loneliness, or guiltiness, but this all goes along with sobriety. Never lose the time you had sober if you relapse go through the month before that was going on in your life deal with that and understand that you couldn't deal with it and that's why you pick up okay hope you have another day tomorrow so your friend Margie

1 Like