I have been sober for 2 months, and I have been substituting alcohol for gratefulness. But I have been struggling with anxiety during my sobriety. I have tried medications, and I am a man of God. Thank you, any advice please
Hi John easy does it and take it one day at a time. Keep praying
compare 2 months of sobriety to the amount of time you have been drinking and that will give you a little understanding of why you’re feeling anxious. This is a simple program for complicated people. Take it one day at a time. Don’t take your mind off the prize. The promises in our literature are for real. They will come. You just have to keep coming back. Listen to learn. Learn to listen.
Thank you Alexandria
for
First, congratulations on your 2 mths sober! I know you’re grateful, but dealing with anxiety on top of everything is tough. Have you talked with your doctor about how you’re feeling since getting sober? Sometimes anxiety can take time to settle, and it’s worth having someone help you figure out what’s going on, especially since you’ve already tried medication. Keep leaning on your faith and don’t be afraid to ask for some extra support along the way. We’re rooting for you!
dm anytime