Sober dating…

So yeah I’ve been single for almost a year now and I’m sooooooo ready to meet someone. However, now that I’m sober I feel like it’s really hard to meet guys who either don’t drink or who would truly respect the fact that I can’t and choose not to. IDK I just hate dating in general and I feel being sober makes it more complicated. Anyone have any suggestions on dating now that we’re sober? Thanks :blush:

13 Likes

Have you tried AA socials?

When the time is right your Higher power will put the right person in your life for now take it easy and enjoy the ride.

4 Likes

I waited a while before dating. The girl I'm with is truly special; we share the same faith, workout ethics, and it's really nice. I've had some slips since we've dated which has caused me to refocus and try to be the best me I can. Not sure if this is helpful, but thanks for sharing, it helped me to think a bit deeper.

1 Like

I have not. Thanks Luis :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I hope so cause I’m tired of being alone.

1 Like

Thanks Josh that does help :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah you’re right. I need to focus more on my recovery and not specific things like dating. It will happen when it happens and it’s out of my control. It’s just been so long so I’m just like ahhhh going a little crazy lol thanks for bringing me back down lol have a good one😊

2 Likes

Fine, ill go on a date with you :wink:

Stay focus on your sobriety allow things to happen on its own..guard your heart and sobriety..many I’ve known relapsed from heartbreaks and traumatic events..build yourself a solid tribe an unshakable support system..when we are sober and getting the help we need..better ourselves as a person we see things differently and we develop good discernment of people..who gets to be in our circle :o: avoid toxic relationships and narcissistic relationships..that’s a must..

3 Likes

Thank you George :blush:

Focus on your recovery

I totally agree with you. Well said.

Aww it seem we're the same huh looking for a great sober woman,wanna be loved :heart_eyes: want to try it once again

Loosid dating and meet up is a good place to start. In my opinion.

Good luck. I’m ready to date again and I know that it’s hard to find a Woman who accepts that I’m Sober.

I too have found dating to be particularly difficult as a grateful recovering alcoholic. Because I have changed so much I have drastically different wants and needs. And while it’s not a particularly enjoyable journey I know that ultimately it will be totally worth it. I believe it will happen when I least expect it. Just another life lesson and a reminder that I am indeed an expert in nothing!!! Lol