Struggling with recent death of family member who lost their

Struggling with recent death of family member who lost their life to addiction. I will have seven years sober on April 28 sometime l wonder if it’s all worth it

4 Likes

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. 7 years of sobriety is awesome, I'm looking forward to being there in time. Are you familiar with what the pros call the cycle of grief?

1 Like

No

I recommend giving it a quick search on the web. Thinking about the different stages of grief and how they affect us, and how we move through them has helped me much over the past few years.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss go to a meeting call your sponsor and yes it is wroth it you matter

3 Likes

I know what you're going through I lost my mom last year to addiction

2 Likes

I understand I’ve been there done that. Just remember to those we lost every day clean every day sober. Is a way of us showing love back to them. I do live amends to my brother every day. He died at 21 from this disease. 

1 Like

Sorry ur going through thru this! I’ve lost well over 20 people to addiction. Some closer than others. This disease wants us dead but will settle for our misery! I say Fu€K that sh!t. Fight the good fight and be happily sober!
I’m here if you want to talk.

1 Like

So sorry, I’ve been through that and it sucks.