Struggling with sober heartbreak

the old school AA's suggested three things to stay away from during the first year of sobriety.

1. Getting into a relationship.
  2. Going back to college.
  3. Buying a house.
    They knew what they were talking about from experience. If you don't wanna listen then go get you a belly full and if you make it back, maybe you'll listen. Prayers for you, love you.
1 Like

Give your self permission to GRIEVE. IT'S REALLY OK TO BE ALONE AND NOT BE LONELY. LEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR POSITIVE EMOTIONS AND NEGATIVE EMOTIONS. YOU WILL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS

2 Likes

Hi. Breakups are really hard in sobriety. Where are you today with it?

Still pretty much in the heart ache, crying phase. It doesn't seem to get better.

Dealing with the pain

It will. Crying is healing

A drink 110% won’t solve anything. Take it from me who just relapsed at my girlfriends little sisters wedding. One of the most important days of her life and I decided to drink and make an absolute fool of myself, lashed out at others and broke her heart. We all have insecurities we need to work on and had I been sober, the outcome would’ve been very different. It might be tough for you at times but I promise you if you stay strong and don’t pickup, you will look back on this moment in the future and be so proud of yourself.

It get s better. Stay strong.