Stuck in a 4 year relapse…

I was sober 15 years, then I grew complacent and judge mental and pride was the fall of me. Now, I have been beyond humbled and I’m just trying to get back to good! I’m beneath rock bottom and going through the most difficult season of life yet! Without my faith in God, I’d likely be dead. Filed for a divorce today from the man of my dreams ( so I thought, but in reality he was a narcissistic sociopath). I’m just stuck and empty and looking for any kind of encouragement to help me to just quit ! I’ve had at least 300 “ Day 1’s” in the past 4 years. Once got to 59 days, another time30…

6 Likes

Never give up. Anyone can get sober at anytime if everything falls into place. I was lucky enough to survive a 5 year relapse after 5 tears sober. Was also in and out during that time. Had at least 50 quits and relapses until one day the miracle happened and I became willing to do all the work again. Felt a little hope. Hope you find your way back

3 Likes

Hang in there, or should I say "hang in here"

3 Likes

How did you get 15 years? What worked for you in those years?

3 Likes

Get sober. Stay single. Take the time to love you more than anyone else ever could, and that comes from loving God's plan for you, and hence you too. After that, relapse isn't really an option, so I believe. Not to say I can't and won't but the last 3 yrs I've learned to love and trust in God in a way that I do t see it possible... so I guess we'll see. But you got this. You've been a lot more successful than me!

2 Likes

Keep trying. Having God in my life certainly helps my sobriety. Pray pray

3 Likes

Sober today! Now! All we got is this day! It's the only one that counts! Don't ever give up!

2 Likes