Using dreams

Lately I have been have dreams at night about me drinking. These just started happening. Anyone else have these? Any triggers to them?

6 Likes

Hi Erica, yea I’ve had them and I think it’s common. Not sure what triggers them but I used to get them in early recovery. Sometimes I would get them, and sometimes I wouldn’t … :man_shrugging:t3:.

I didn’t have them the first 2 1/2 months. Lately it seems like an every night thing. I wake up in a panic and sweating. I’m hoping they go away soon.

It’s weird. I’m 50 days today and I don’t remember having any this time. But in the past, in the first few weeks I would have multiple using dreams. For me, they eventually stopped. I don’t remember doing anything to cause them, or make them stop. I hope the stop for you soon!

1 Like

It's normal dream to have I had them my first 60 days every now and then

I have them every once in awhile. I think it's our brains way of seeking out a habit we don't do anymore. Sometimes I have dreams that are so vivid, I wake up thinking I really drank.

1 Like

To be honest i have them also. Talked to my sponsor about this , he told me these are called free-bes :joy:. That i dont need to feel guilty , thats all in my head and the mind can play tricks on ya.
So i guess we can always enjoy a free pass to our disease through dreams .

This happens to me daily @erica159282! I guess it’s actually quite common to experience lucid dreams. Glad to see I’m not alone here!