Well. Im here

I am now 48 hours sober. Starting all over again. So afraid im going to lose everything this time. My husband even talked about divorce which scares me. Ive already scared away my kids. I spent last night in the hospital hooked up to IV getting fluids, anti nauseant drugs and valium for the withdrawal symptoms. Thats my third time in six months. This time im losing a weeks worth of work and im the only income earner in my home. The valium is keeping the anxiety down but i work in a very high stress environment and i dont know how to get out of it and make the same amount of money. Anyway, im just talking right now, getting my thoughts out.
Be blessed. And thank you if youve read all of this.

4 Likes

Hi Veronika, guessing alcohol withdrawal treated with Valium. Absolutely seek medical assisted treatment if you have been drinking a significant amount of time. Cold turkey can be dangerous as it sounds like you already know. If you haven't already search AA meetings in your area. Attend as much as you can to get the help & support you need. Sounds like you're seeing the bottom before hitting it which is a blessing. Most just hit the bottom hard before seeking help. You're not alone. Us old recovering drunks and addicts are everywhere. Armed with the experience having been through it first hand and always ready to be here for those still struggling. Sending prayers your way because it does work. Trust me I know. I have nearly 30 years of using and drinking under my belt. Basically a lifetime. Sober and clean now over 7 years only by God's grace and because of those in recovery willing to share the gifts they received from others before them. Hoping this helps Reach out anytime

2 Likes

Been there with the stress of work/money! It's not worth it. I put up with an awful job for years with a very abusive alcoholic boss (alot of very illegal happenings as far as the way I was treated as an employee...I was her 1st official employee) I finally had a straw that broke the camels back morning and quit. I make less money now yet enough to just get by while I look for better pay and continue to work on my dreams as an entrepreneur. I don't regret for one minute leaving all that stress behind me. I am struggling at the moment yet have faith that all will workout and get better! They say when we close one door another opens...can't move onto better while stuck. Put YOU 1st! Money comes and goes

1 Like