Well, it's true that I have chosen sobriety for myself. It's

Well, it's true that I have chosen sobriety for myself.
It's for my own selfish reasons.
These are not the only reasons not by a long shot.
I chose sobriety because not only am I robbing myself each and every day with throes of addiction, the shame and the guilt that come with it, the doubt or the fears... i am tired of robbing God. I am tired of receiving a 1/2 measure of his blessing. Because I'm only doing enough to work because I'm only halfway obedient, which is not obedient at all.

I'm tired of robbing my family.I only showing up for myself half of the time. I'm tired of being half the man there. I could be half of the land that I should be half of the men that otherwise would be.

So yes, while it is true that I am tired of showing up less than my best self, I am more importantly, tired of showing up for humanity is less than my best. More importantly, for my family, most importantly, 4 and 2, my creature my God, my Father, my King.
My Savior, my Salvation. I am no longer willing to accept a half measure of his blessing in all aspects of of this life. Being half present that best, at less than half of my best less than half of the time, this is why I choose sobriety.

Now, I know that some do not agree with my reasons, and that's okay, that is for them, and this is my reasoning.