What is the point of this ? Does it even provide support? Is there some kind of tutorial to learn how to use it?

What is the point of this ? Does it even provide support? Is there some kind of tutorial to learn how to use it?

2 Likes

It's fellowship and education. I wish there was a perfect plan, the steps are a great place to start. The first few can be the greatest choices if your life.
It starts with you.

1 Like

Fill our your profile. Tell people about you and what you're going through. Start real dialogue with people. Stay here for more than a week at a time, even if you "slip", that's okay.

Are you doing any sort of program outside of this?

1 Like

The point is exactly what you are doing. Reaching out, throwing thoughts/frustrations/questions/accomplishments into the ether for the masses to see.
Some may see your words and have been there before and can help. Some may see them and take solace in the fact that they are not alone.

There are tutorials on the home page. But it's really just this simple. It's a big virtual meeting place to share struggles, accomplishments, and seek answers.

You're doing great by just being here! No pressure to "do it right"!

1 Like

Nessa, I am here to help. Are you working with a Sponsor?

No I am not

This is just another tool in my sobriety tool box. If you prefer a more real time chat with text and voice meetings check out Friends of AA on Discord.. there is a welcome video tutorial. Just type "video!" Into the chat box and the link will be posted.
Best of luck.

No

Video