What’s your favorite recovery saying?

You can’t turn back in to a cucumber once you become a pickle.

7 Likes

I got to say the golden rule is my favorite. Not so much a recovery saying but the best way to behave....
Do unto others as you shall have them do unto you!! Be kind and all lives matter. Just saying

2 Likes

Meeting makers make it!

1 Like

If you don’t pick it up you don’t get high

1 Like

Golden Rule is great but I prefer to practice the Platinum Rule: "Treat others the way they want to be treated"

Because it's not about me or what I want. I find humility is the key.

2 Likes

If you say your only going to have one drink you might as well punch yourself in the face

3 Likes

I came up with this I think IDK. Works for me though.
Relapse, Incarceration, or Death is certain if I keep trying to stay sober for others, when I should get myself right first and foremost.

I had relapse after relapse. Pressure was ridiculous. Some got angry when I said I'm gonna work on me first. That was ok with me. My sobriety is extremely important to me, my health, and my kids. Thanks for listening, reading.....

3 Likes

"Sick and Tired of being sick and tired" for years in and out if recovery I made fun of those who sd it. But forreal it's the truth horrible way to live...

2 Likes

I got some tools, meaning little work up to evaluate your stuck points. Once I got rid of half of them. Sobriety task came alot easier. . Im bored call if you want.

1 Like

Not hitting on you. Stupid I have to clearly explain mysel f.

1 Like

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

3 Likes

What you resist, persists

1 Like

You can know all there is to know about plate tectonics, but that will not save you from an avalanche.

In reference to reading everything you can possibly reed about recovery.

2 Likes

Just do the next right thing. Then do that again.

2 Likes

If you settle for your wildest dreams, you will be selling yourself short.

2 Likes

Don’t let the gifts of the program take you out of the program.

1 Like

Rationalization or Masturbation ... either way you're still f@#*ing yourself.

2 Likes

Don't leave before the miracle happens!

2 Likes

That's good!

1 Like

Own the day, dont let it own you.

1 Like