What to do?

My bf and I are both getting sober. We are starting this week and have realized that we have no idea what sober people do. We are used to going to parties and raves and just drinking at home while watching movies or whatever. I’m so excited to get sober, but I don’t know what to do to replace the activities I’m used to. What do you all do for hobbies and to stay busy? :heart::heart::heart:

I have the same issue because my bf drinks … we are trying things like exercise, the gym , tennis , bowling there is a beautiful world out there that we forgot exists when we were always drinking … try to remember things that made you happy :smiley: they exist and I agree maybe try something new

2 Likes

Ballroom dancing, archery, golf, working out, biking, volunteer at a museum giving tours, gardening… there is a wide world full of sober adventures awaiting you both!

1 Like

Hunting, fishing, swimming, photography, sewing, painting, restoring antiques, home projects, volunteering, meetings, hiking, biking, kayaking, cooking, pottery, miniature models, learn a new language, gardening, they’re are tons of things to do in sobriety. Enjoy a life worth living.

1 Like