When you know it’s time?

My breaking point was when I realized that my addiction was becoming overwhelmingly progressive. I no longer enjoyed drinking or using because I was too paranoid that I might cause damage to someone else life, nevertheless my own. I was completely reckless and selfish in my addiction. The realities and emotions I had been trying to escape and numb for so long outweighed the satisfaction and pleasure of getting high/Drunk. I soon found myself drinking and using because I was absolutely certain there was no hope for me. Because I felt like I had to drink because that’s as good as my life was going to get. Or that i deserved to suffer for all the pain I have caused other people. That was my rock bottom. It was in that moment I felt the gift of desperation, I gave up and surrendered. That’s what my “enough is enough” moment is.

4 Likes

This one I felt it when u wrote out and speak on it , even everyone in this comment that took the time to write there experience….!!! Shows growth that’s all it matters and you finding it’s more to life then this drinking/using… I had a moment in my life I would always care what society think of me n how my character is and etc. But at the end of the day it’s about how you want to live your life , not your parents life they want us to be but to find our own path of living and growth n that’s what we can be happy about we.choose ourselves FIRST

2 Likes

Mine was when my grown kids took a video of me crying and acting all kinds of stupid. That embarrassing moment was what stopped me after 30 years of drinking. Now I am over 10 years clean!

3 Likes

When I cracked. Literally I cracked. I felt a pain in my brain that caused me to go to the ER.I was afraid that I wasn’t gonna make it out the hospital. I would go into who I hurt but to be honest I felt a shift, a pain in my brain I had Never felt before. I have kid’s, loved ones, divorced…18 years of alcoholism. I drank a gallon in 2 days at the end. I did that for awhile. A gallon in 2 days and what scared me was this shift or click in my head.

1 Like

for me being homeless

1 Like

Hey they love you so much they wanted u to be around more and if it takes a camera put in your face for u to see the aftermath then hey they did a good job 10 years yesss u smoking congrats 🫶🏾🤍

1 Like

Yikes so sorry to hear that man anything is a eye opener to us, did they figure out what the click and shift noise was ? If you mind me asking ?

Anything to make us open our eyes 🫶🏾

🫶🏽🫶🏽🫶🏽

1 Like

Best advice I heard is the time to quit is the first time you think about quitting. If you're even thinking you should quit, it's time to quit. I dont think most of us do that. For me, it wasn't so much hitting rock bottom as realizing I wasn't really living. I just realized I wasted 7 years of my life. I hadn't done anything. My friends got houses and advancements in their careers and I had done nothing with my life but drink. My life revolved around alcohol. I'd drink one day, be hungover the next then drink again. I'm not sure I ever had a enough is enough moment, I think I just said I'm not drinking today and have been saying that consistently and trying to distract myself with other things and build new habits and hobbies in place of the time I wasted drinking and also, getting mental health help to avoid self medicating.

1 Like

That I totally agree on I couldn’t focus on school n stuff as well.. I don’t want to just settle for what I have in life I want more

1 Like