Where can I get help?

Where can I get help?

2 Likes

Celynn welcome to Loosid! Welcome :pray: to sobriety.
For me I had to get kicked out of my house in order to get help. I went to the hospital after I detoxed at home. I was on Meth. If your on alcohol may need to detox at a detox center. Then I went to a treatment facility. Best thing I did for myself. Then I went to AA. I’m currently studying the big book of Alcoholics Anonymous. I’m working my program to the best of my ability. I have over 636 days or more. 11-19-19 is my sobriety date.
AA program has helped remove the urge to drink. I believe it’s because of my higher power. I’ve turned my life over to this power. I hope you can find yours. May you find him now.
Have a wonderful day filled with love and peace within my friend.

1 Like

There is a section of sobriety help here in app. Check put the telehelp section. They will be able to give you advice.

I’m at a program in south Florida, I came from Houston. Let me know if you would liKe help with getting into a facility

I don’t have money for that

12 step programs are free and often times people in those programs have experience with getting newcomers into safe free detox facilities and potentially rehab as well.

I went to a memorial service this morning for a young woman who didn’t survive her last relapse. Whatever you think you can’t afford doesn’t even compare to that.

Many detox and treatment centers offer payment plans and scholarships Celynn, a few phone calls could save your life.
If you feel this is not an option hop into a zoom meeting when you have an urge until you find a sponsor. the meetings run practically 24/7