Where do I start?

I don’t know how to break the cycle or how to live without drugs. I have been through a lot of trauma the past couple months and I am not ready to face it sober. I have no support my family gave up on me. Even my sister who is also an addict. I have so much shame and the people whom I thought loved and supported me no matter have given up on me. I have four court hearings coming up and my family won’t even be a character witness, stand by my side or give me rides so I can fight back. Almost everyone tells me I out myself in these situations, it’s always something with me, and that I need to self reflect and they are tired of hearing it. I have been through a lot but nothing compared to this. How do you end the cycle. How do you get to day one ?

4 Likes

My ex almost killed me. He’s facing 5 years in jail. A week later my moms bf chocked me. I was stolen from a few days later and I have no support system. I am the victim and the only responsibility I take is being trusting and kindhearted. So before you judge understand that story. I’m the victim but I will become a survivor. I’m so tired of hearing that. I know I shouldn’t be around these kinds of people did I think the person I loved for two years would attempt to kill me ? No.

I do deserve validation love and support nmw. I’m assuming you having never been physically or sexually assaulted.

Then please because trust me I hear it enough. What is my responsibility in this? And why am I not allowed to mourn and grieve not only my old self but my boyfriend and other relationships?w

Not to mention this all happened in two months. What’s my responsibility? Besides trusting being kind hearted and suffering multiple mental illness. Oh and is being assaulted while sober different than while not sober ?

1 Like

I have been abused by men my whole life. So I have been abused sober as well there’s no difference.

For me, ending the cycle 1y 4m ago meant walking thru the door of a rehab in North florida. I'm sorry about your people that have given up on you. Time to find new people in recovery that can support and encourage you. The bottom line is you really really have to want it. You CAN come back from this. Praying for you sister

1 Like

Google radical self forgiveness by Colin Tippin and start practicing it daily.

Getting wasted is the easiest thing to do. As addicts we find reasons and reasons to quit and keep on the cycle of self destruction. Recovery is tough and it is so, because we have to take inventory of our own selves and do that with the help of others who are going through similar situations and circumstances. The road to sobriety is a long road, but it is full of amazing opportunities. The other road has no such opportunities or light at the end of the tunnel.
One day, sometimes one moment at a time. Join a gym, go hiking, allow the universe in.. these were just some of my own experiences that help me through difficult times. Difficult times will never ever stop. But, it’s the tools that you build and create with sobriety that will give you the strength to see these challenges through, one challenge, one obstacle at a time.