Why I got sober because I was tired of being

Why I got sober because I was tired of being someone I didn’t recognize. I was a wine every night kind of woman who turned into hiding bottles, lying about how much, waking up ashamed, and missing moments that mattered. I kept saying I’d cut back, and I kept breaking my own word. I got sober because I wanted to look in the mirror without hating who looked back. I wanted to be present for my kids, reliable, honest. I didn’t get sober for a man I got sober being betrayed and for me. I stay sober because I like the peace, the clear mornings, and the trust I’ve rebuilt. I do meetings, therapy, and I protect my recovery. It comes first. I’m not looking for a party buddy or a project. I’m looking for honesty, kindness, someone who can sit in the quiet and still be okay. You sound like you’re trying to turn the page.

4 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

With that being said.... You're here .

1 Like