Yesterday's Baggage

For the wise have always known that no one can make much of his life until self-searching becomes a regular habit, until he is able to admit and accept what he finds, and until he patiently and persistently tries to correct what is wrong.
— TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 88

I have more than enough to handle today, without dragging along yesterday’s baggage too. I must balance today’s books, if I am to have a chance tomorrow. So I ask myself if I have erred and how I can avoid repeating that particular behavior. Did I hurt anyone, did I help anyone, and why? Some of today is bound to spill over into tomorrow, but most of it need not if I make an honest daily inventory.

3 Likes

I'm amazed by how much you can move forward. How do you learn to let go. I need that, I need to know how to do that. So glad you are still here to share your words of wisdom.

1 Like

To be honest it all comes down to my faith and trust in God, as I understand him, knowing that I'm secure in my salvation and know without a shadow of a doubt that when the time comes for me to leave life I will be his roommate forever.......

1 Like

I have faith but you show us all what faith really looks like. You're his messenger :pray::dove::heart:

1 Like