A little bit about me~

After 9 years of clean time, I relapsed 18 months ago when I went through a divorce.. I felt as though I couldnt get help, because I was afraid to admit to anyone that mattered to me- that I had relapsed.. After being clean for so long, people had started to trust me and not see me as the 'junkie'.. I was embarrassed that I had done it again.. But I knew I needed to get better, and I finally got humble.. and got some help.. Checked myself into a 7-day detox, now I'm on day 41 of recovery :raised_hands::two_hearts: #WeDoRecover #ODAAT

47 Likes

Yay girl!

1 Like

Went thru similar ...but yes being back on the horse n getting interconnection is the absolute best thing. Find your recovery tribe and keep an open mind. But just because there are many paths to recovery doesn't mean someone's has to be yours..:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So happy for you your story is inspiring

1 Like

Keep up the great work. Every day is a victory.

1 Like

Yeah, I relapsed after being abstinent for 25 years. Everyone knew I don’t drink…until I did! Starting over was hard, but I’m over 3 years clean and sober now. That relapse was a very hard lesson, but in some strange way I needed it. Keep going

2 Likes

Keep it up you know what works

1 Like

Hello Larissa. You fell off the bus but jump right back on and do this. Stay strong and sober.

1 Like

THAT is not a RELAPSE. THAT is a conscience decision. WE all have a DAILY CHOICE AND DECISION TO PROTECT OUR RECOVERY. SOMETIMES LIFE CAN BE A CHALLENGE. .. IM IN AGREEMENT THAT YOU NO LONGER HAVE A DRINKING AND USING CAREER AND RECOVERY IS VERY PERSONAL FOR YOU. TOUGH LOVE :kissing_heart::heart_eyes_cat:. ALWAYS PREVAILS

1 Like

Awesome

1 Like

My relapse was the same thing, pretty much set me back on track, weirdly even a better track

2 Likes

I'm glad you got sober again you can do this what worked for me is every time I want to use I go to an AA/NA meeting ASAP if therenwasnt one I would start gathering people up to attend

1 Like

Same, sis! 61 days today! Keep going!

2 Likes

Yes, amen

Keep coming back, to let addicts like me know if i slip i can come back. There are too many stories of (addicts) my friends that were so embarrassed they died. Don't die for anyone. :heart:

1 Like

Congrats! Proud of you!!

1 Like

Way to be strong and humble! Proud of you

1 Like

Just hit 45 after 18mo. Relapse happens to some of us. It is what it is. We can either get caught up in the guilt and shame of it, or we could get on with it. I'm glad you are choosing the latter.

1 Like

Larissa, be proud of yourself Girl!! Throughout my life I had a number of relapses. I found it So Hard to come back and admit that I had fallen. That ego kept me out there so much longer. So my relapses always turned in to Runs. You got past the ego part and picked yourself back up. Be So Proud of Yourself! Shoot, I'm proud of you. One day at a time. #allwehaveistoday

1 Like

So true :two_hearts: Very well said.. thank you :clap: