Hey! I’m new to this community so I just wanted

Hey! I’m new to this community so I just wanted to introduce myself!

I had a week clean and sober, I was working a program but had a slip on Sunday. I’m back now and working the steps once again.

I’m so grateful to be sober again and work on improving my life and am excited to get involved with this sober community! :heart:

46 Likes

That’s fantastic! I’m so excited to have that much time. It seems like an impossible goal at this point, but one day at a time, right?

2 Likes

Wow, that’s incredible! I bet your life has improved huge in that time.

1 Like

Amazing. You’re an inspiration. I love this app. Bringing together fckd up addicts from every corner of the world, haha! :laughing:

2 Likes

I totally want to see you win this Sara

2 Likes

Thank you so much. :heart: Me too. It’s time for sure. I’ve been battling this demon for too long. I have a good sponsor and am starting to make some sober friends and supports so I feel like I’m finally on the right track.

1 Like

I've been really immersed in AA. That has made all the difference. I have reminders of sobriety all around me all day long. This app is one of my reminders.

3 Likes

That’s awesome. The solution is in the steps. Be willing. “Half measures availed us nothing”

3 Likes

Yes Sir. You are so right. My sponsor always says that too! So much synchronicity in my life lately. I really think God is trying to tell me to stay the course, good things are coming.

Yes indeed. Thats awesome. I’m sure she mentions it because it’s an important phrase. It’s not half measures availed us half😁.
It is part of the willingness required to “let go absolutely” and surrender.

1 Like

Haha right!?

Congrats! Keep up the hard work, keep pushing and stay focused!

1 Like

Hello Sara. Welcome aboard. Let’s get back on track and do this. You are going to do just fine. Stay strong and stay sober

1 Like

Sara.
You have now been given a gift.
You have your entire sober life to live.
Download AA or NA App ; it is very user friendly, as to where and when meetings are…
Get to a meeting.

1 Like

Glad you are here my fellow Canuck!! All the best in your sobriety

1 Like

Thanks Larry. I do have the AA app. Didn’t know there was an NA one though. I’m going to get that one also right away. Thank you! :pray:

Good luck. I’m praying for you to see the light. You never have to drink again. Even if you want to. One day at a time. One step away from darkness and dispair. It’s your journey and there is no finish line. Take your time. Get emerged inAA and the Big book. All the answers are there if you are willing to change everything. It’s so worth it. I’m in my 4 th year and I’m so happy to live this better more purposeful full life. The promises do come true but you have to surrender. Good luck. I hope you find your own light.

1 Like

New here

2 Likes

Keep it pushing :heart:

2 Likes

Welcome back!

3 Likes