I struggle with the most anxiety at night…. It’s almost

I struggle with the most anxiety at night…. It’s almost 3am EST and I still can’t sleep. My chest feels heavy and my heart beats out of control. I’m normally a super positive person and I am here for anyone that needs a caring ear, but I struggle too!

11 Likes

you’ll be fine

Thank you for the encouragement John lol! I know I’ll be fine

Double chocolate brownie ice cream topped with peanut butter m&m’s!!! And prayer helped me.

1 Like

𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚎 :sparkling_heart:𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚖. 𝙼𝚢 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚎𝚛𝚍...𝙸𝚖 𝚞𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚙 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝟹𝚊𝚖 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚘𝚗. 𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎?

1 Like

Good morning Jessica, have you ever tried BOX BREATHING?

I do it every day when I’m feeling anxious or full of anxiety. I also do it every night before bed it helps me fall, right asleep.

2 Likes

Jessica, you’re not alone. I feel that way too sometimes. I pray, meditate w breathe work, read, write and visualize positive thoughts to alleviate.
Praying for your peace :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Not but I should start… I’ve tried in the past but my mind just goes a million miles an hour and I’ve never been able to just shut down.

1 Like

Hey Jessica, sorry to hear about this anxiety, it's awful I know. What I do sometimes that helps is just lie still, comfortable, close my eyes, and just focus on feeling my breathing, and becoming relaxed. Could take a billion breaths I don't know, but I just breath, since that's all I have to do in the moment, and In pay attention to how to feels. Then, usually, I'll fall asleep. But if I don't I still have that time where I was relaxed (eventually), focusing on my breathing.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of it! I’ll have too Google it and try it out!

1 Like

Im sorry you're dealing with that, too. I was also awake until 3am feeling the same way. It's no fun!

I get this too all the time, and I find that putting ambiance on on YouTube so many to choose from really really helps me put my mind at ease

I am sorry you going though that, I suffer anxiety as well and what helps me is deep breathing and laying still with the lights off and complete quite. Or going outside and letting the cool air hit my face and drinking herbal tea and cold water.

Turn it over and pray hard to your higher power like you did your disease. Helps me

Hello Jessica. I have the same issue only thing is work. I’ll fall asleep around 11 and guarantee I’m up by 2 in the morning. Anxiety kicks in and toss and turn until I turn tv back on. I’ll eventually fall back around 5-6 and have alarm set to 7 to get up for work. After that coffee time to stay awake at work. I was given medication for anxiety from my psychiatrist but was to wicked I had to stop.. Good luck but I find turning tv back on till you get sleepy again.

Check out The Tapping Solution.
( If you feel like ).
Started by Nick Ortner and his siblings.
Their app has helped, continues to help thousands-who deal with anxiety, stress, so forth.
And also…try and try to remain consistent with…
Meditation.
Yoga.
Breathwork.
You get the pic!
:peace_symbol:

1 Like

It really helps me. I pray it helps you.

1 Like

Jessica. I hope you slept well. Just curious if you take medication for anxiety? I suffered from similar issues & saw the doctor who prescribed some medication. Also exercising, hot showers & breathing before bed help. I really hope you find some relief. I’ll be thinking of you. :pray:

I’m always up early and often late as well. I’m always around to listen or chat

I deal with this at bedtime too. Meditation helps and so does calm mg supplement before bed. Some nights it's beyond me and I have to remind myself I'll be tired but my body will sleep tomorrow. I'm still a better version of myself sleep deprived than I am hungover from passing out.