I'm new here, just lost my sister who was 36

I'm sorry for your loss. Drinking won't help anything. Just try to take things one day at a time and stay busy. Reach out if you need help.

2 Likes

My CONDOLENCES FOR YOUR SISTER. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO CHANNEL YOUR ENERGY INTO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE DEALING WITH SORROW. . TRUST THE PROCESS. WE ARE BEING TAUGHT HOW TO HANDLE OUR SOBRIETY IN THE CERTAIN LOW SPOTS IN LIFE. STAY ENCOURAGED

1 Like

So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I'm so sorry about your sister.

1 Like

So I just woke up and was going to post ya know somthing inspirational and then I seen your post firstly I am so very sorry for your loss I have you and your family in my prayers, have you ever heard the story of the man and and his footprints in the sand.. anyway it helped me when I lost my mom and in general when going through hard time .. if you ever need anything even just another ear to listen I am here. In my prayers and your loved ! JOSH T

Here it is found It !

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with
the Lord. Scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In
each, I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were
two sets of footprints; other times there was only one.

During the low periods of my life I could see only one set of
footprints, so I said, "You promised me, Lord, that you would
walk with me always. Why, when I have needed you most,
have you not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set
of footprints, my child, is when I carried you."

1 Like

:pray:t3::pray:t3: to you n family

So sorry for your loss. May your memories give you some comfort.

Hello Kristyn, I'm sorry for your loss, and hope you have swift healing. Are you familiar with the grief cycle? That's helped me in the past, to move through the different stages. Alcohol sure has not helped me. Welcome to the group, glad your here.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry for your loss

1 Like

This is such sad news. So raw. Breathe get grounded
and stay sober so you can feel.

2 Likes

I'm familiar with it. It's my job as a chaplain with hospice. Sometimes it's easier when it doesn't hit home.

2 Likes

My condolences
Also my prayers goes out to you and your family

1 Like

Very different from your job. Best

1 Like

I totally get that, hopefully your journey is swift and thorough.

1 Like

Kristyn,
Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
There are no words, I feelā€¦that can truly help.

You will find sincere support hereā€¦and of course, need to ignore ah, some ā€œ well - meaning ā€œ individualsā€¦who may not comprehend how difficult and pain-filled losing your dear sister is.

I have not been checking in, as much.
I happened toā€¦just now.

Please know that you are not alone and of course, rightā€¦drinking will make everything worse.

May your heart feel and find some peace.
It is so difficult to lose a beloved sibling.
I will check inā€¦see how you are doing.
:pray:t4::peace_symbol::heart_decoration:

1 Like

I'm sorry Kristyn. Do you enjoy walking or running or any sport?

I usually do the gym 4 to 5 times a week. Walk and run about 4 miles each time. I just took last week off cause of the death

1 Like

Again, I am sorry. But I am glad that you exercise (so much) regularly! Every time I fell figuratively, what got me back up is exercising. I love running and I let out all my negative emotions when I do so. May I suggest going for peaceful walks? And introspecting at the park because introspecting at home sometimes leads to more sadness.

1 Like

Definitely!! Love nature, exercising always helps me.

1 Like