I'm struggling so bad tonight with my depression and bad

I'm struggling so bad tonight with my depression and bad thoughts and I have no friends to turn to. I'm praying that the Great Spirit and music can help get me through the night.

14 Likes

Stay strong and you have friends in the program, you just haven’t met us yet!

7 Likes

Remember that the bad thoughts will pass friend.

6 Likes

Praying for you friend! What got me out of that hole was is to always having a project because it keeps my mind and hands busy and I usually break a sweat so I’m too occupied to ruminate. A great brother on here told me “Move a muscle, change your mind” and I keep that with me especially for the tough days

5 Likes

Colin. I'm going through the same thing. Trying to keep it all together. Just got out of a meeting. It helps hang in there

3 Likes

When I am down, I read a few stories from the back of the Big Book.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. My oldest sister had bi-polar depression & a seizure disorder. I will pray for you, my friend. Tomorrow is a new day & I pray that you will feel better in the daylight. Try morning sun & a light box. If you struggle with alcohol at all, then please Google Annie Grace & her this Naked Mind companion app & her books & podcasts. She’s also on YouTube … she’s the BEST when it comes to alcohol addiction

4 Likes

Echoing Rebecca’s suggestion regarding Annie Grace.
( I also have a sibling with mental health issues ).

To Colin,
Every last thing in this life is temporary.
Life itself, is-of course.
Horrible feelings are also temporary.

Let yourself feel the difficult emotions.

They really do pass.

If they do not seem to, there are many avenues and options for support.

Do listen to music, yes!
Read Annie Grace.
Rooting for you!

2 Likes

On page 54 of this pdf, there is a story called “Lone Endeavor” from the first edition of the Big Book that is a huge help to me when I am feeling isolated.

1 Like

…I would also like to recommend checking out Rich Roll’s podcast,
Colin.

He has conducted many interesting interviews with those who have overcome addiction and are thriving.

Keep us posted on how you are doing, Colin!
:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Hang in there brother ! Do you have the Big Book App? They have virtual meetings literally all day and night. It helps me big time when I can’t attend in person.

1 Like

You got this bud! One day at a time.... or second at a time.

1 Like

I do try to keep busy. I play Pokémon Go which at 43 some will probably look down on me for but it also helped me lose 60 pounds plus I am back to writing, which I have dealt with severe writer's block for over a year and a half now, so hopefully that will keep me clean. It worked last night and I am doing better tonight thankfully.

Keep praying go out side breath in fresh air

2 Likes

I did make it through last night okay. My struggle is with heroin but I grew up with a severely abusive alcoholic father so maybe I will still check it out. You never know what I may learn from it. Thank you!

WTH are you talking about! Pokémon Go is EPIC!! and can be a really good workout! I just discovered “Running Clubs” (I don’t run… yet) and wonder what it would be like to play Pokémon go while running! Writing is good too because it helps get your feelings out. As your hobbies evolve, check out some of the hobby groups on Facebook!

Thanks for reminding me about Pokémon Go now I have to go play!

2 Likes

I do use the AANALive! App because it let's me log in my meetings and I can use them towards my 90-in-90 since I can provide proof to my counselor that I am actually going to meetings because I am in a situation where because of a family member, going to regular meetings in my town could put my safety in jeopardy.

Annie Grace can help with heroin too with the use of her A.C.T method which stands for Awareness, Clarity & Turnaround

1 Like

I know that your struggling I have been there but you can do this I’m cheering for you :mega: don’t give up :pray:t3::blush::heart:

1 Like

My higher power is always a friend I can lean on. When I’m feeling lonely I remind myself I am never alone. Also Al Anon is a great fellowship for people who have alcoholics in their family. I’ll be praying for you that you find the strength to get through this! Also there is a lot of zoom meetings available you don’t have to attend meetings in person although that is what is suggested!

1 Like